Friday, January 28, 2005


A hike in the Alps - Mt. Schreckhorn, Grindelwald, Switzerland © 1993

On a trip to Europe, in 1993, we stayed in Interlaken, Switzerland. Our first day there was rainy, with the clouds obscuring any view of the Alps. The owner of the little hotel we were staying at assured us that the next day would be cloudless. He was right. We went for a hike just outside of the town of Grindelwald. The colors are quite vivid for two reasons: 1) the film was Velvia and, 2) it really was that colorful there. (digital confession: can you see where I added a few sunflowers?)

4 Comments:

Blogger Constance said...

Lovely! I'm impressed! Do you make calanders?

11:19 AM  
Blogger Rusty said...

I've only made calendars for myself, but if I generate enough interest then I could set up a site marketing them.

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The picture shows the peak of the Wetterhorn.

Hermann, Switzerland

9:41 AM  
Blogger Rusty said...

Hermann,

Thanks for the correction.

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home